(Suite 117) Peel House,
30 The Downs,
Tel: 0161 667 1613
VAT Number: 241 4554 26
AES Group has been a leading provider of defence and healthcare information systems for over 30 years. Due to our continuing success, an opportunity has arisen for a technical support analyst to join a market leading information systems provider based in Derby.
As part of our on-going expansion plans we are looking for a motivated individual with a desire to provide excellent customer support for our military and healthcare software solutions to our internal departments and the NHS.
Based in Derby you will provide support via email, telephone and remote access. You will be working among a team who have a strong work ethic and believe in offering the best support to our clients. You will also be given the chance to be involved in all aspects of IT processes for our customers and continual personal growth is available.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and successful company where you will also work directly with the software development team on exciting projects and become a driving force in our success story. This role also has the potential to provide exposure to all stages of the application lifecycle and to progress to a career in either software development, on-site product support or account management.
Successful candidates should have an excellent knowledge of information technology, theory, principles and practices, including the following: SQL queries and syntax, SQL Server, IIS website installations and configuration.
The business has an excellent record for personal development and firmly believes in investing in staff and training.
● A minimum of 2 years previous experience in a technical support role.
● Strong customer service skills.
● Customer support by phone, email and remote desktop.
● Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
● Ability to prioritise case load and manage time effectively.
● Proactive approach to improving the quality of service we provide.
● Installation of bespoke software (remotely).
● Testing bug fixes and new feature development.
● Remaining calm and focused under pressure.
Essential Technical Experience:
● Microsoft SQL 2008 (and above) including T-SQL.
● Knowledge of Windows Server OS (2008 and above).
● Understanding of web services including but not limited to web protocols, SSL certificates.
● Understanding of networking and firewalls.
● Understanding of virtualisation technologies.
● Microsoft IIS Web services administration.
● Understanding of configuring and managing highly available web applications.
● Knowledge of XML concepts.
● Good time management and logging of time using our issue tracking system.
● Good customer facing skills.
● Excellent problem-solving skills.
● Strong organisational and documentation skills.
● Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
● Previous experience of working directly with a software development team.
● Product Development knowledge/experience.
● Experience working in a service delivery environment.
● Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
● Career development and training plans for all team members.
● All the latest hardware and software you need to do your job.
● A chance to grow with our fast-growing company.
● Motivated and skilled colleagues.
● Contributory pension scheme.
● 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
● Fantastic company culture.
● Free car parking.
Computors Limited are an IT Managed Service Provider looking for a Senior IT Engineer to join our busy team in our...Apply For This Job
The Opportunity We are looking for highly motivated and compassionate Support Workers for our scheme in Welshpool. Our scheme of...Apply For This Job
Are you strategic, driven and an excellent communicator? A specialist nationwide provider to the lettings industry is looking for motivated,...Apply For This Job
We are hiring individuals to work from home via our live Chat system. You will be asked to deal with customers via live chat and ticket systems and answer any questions our...Apply For This Job
EPX is seeking a Data Cabling Engineer to work in our new Installations Team, reporting to the Head of Professional...Apply For This Job
About Us Evertz is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand...Apply For This Job