Job Title: Supply Chain Management (SCM) Assistant
Location: UK Office – Cheadle Hulme
Reports To: Head of UK Supply Chain
Following a recent departure from our local team, we have a need to hire an experienced Supply Chain Assistant to strengthen our team. We are looking for an individual with supply chain experience, who is eager to learn and develop their experience/knowledge base, whilst in parallel making a significant contribution to bibliotheca’s customers and our business. As with many project-based delivery organisations, work can be challenging, but also equally rewarding. You will be working in a small but professional team, in a great working environment in the heart of Cheadle Hulme.
Key Job Responsibilities
Primary Functions to include: –
– Procurement activities using associated procedures & practises to satisfy both business & customer demand.
– Processing of customer order requirements & fulfilment of those requirements.
– Stock replenishment & stock management based upon customer demand.
– Active involvement working with the wider SCM team to resolve escalated issues, as they arise.
– Sharing ideas and initiatives with the wider Supply Chain and Operations team to drive continuous improvement
Wider Responsibilities: Work closely with UK and Global SCM teams, local project management & workshop delivery teams ensuring customer requirements are satisfied fully, correctly and delivered on time;
– Communication with a variety of suppliers, warehousing partners, logistics providers & customers using bibliotheca processes and systems
– Occasional communication direct with customers in relation to order fulfilment and logistics topics via telephone and email
– Management, booking and monitoring of all project delivery associated logistics activities
– Liaise with suppliers on production schedules
– Maintain and update the purchasing system
– Handling stock management and procurement of goods
– Assist in solving procurement issues to ensure customer satisfaction
– Identify the critical path & manage the supply base to ensure key dates are achieved.
– Dealing with purchasing queries and supplier liaison
– Supporting the SCM team in other areas deemed necessary
– Excellent communication skills , internal & external (including customer facing)
– Build & maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders incl suppliers & internal teams.
– Results oriented & willing to change the status quo in pursuit of improvements
– Adopt a “right first-time” approach – demonstrating speed/accuracy & effective communication
– Problem solver – with attention to detail & cost focus
– Accountable, willing & able to work autonomously with “light touch” management oversight
– Ability to understand & comply with processes & procedures
– Good organisation & time management skills
– Good analytical skills
– PC literate in all MS office packages especially Word & Excel
– Ability to work to tight deadlines
– Experience of Oracle NetSuite (Desirable)
Previous experience of working in a busy supply chain organisation or function, associated with product (hardware) & ideally service delivery (delivery & implementation, incl:
– Purchasing systems
– Stock management systems
bibliotheca offer a wide range of generous benefits, including:
– 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
– Onsite parking
– Discounted gym membership
– Life assurance
– Private medical
– Contributary pension
– Bonus scheme
– Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave
– Length of service recognition
– Family friendly benefits
bibliotheca is the world’s largest company dedicated to the development, deployment and support of library technology solutions, designed to improve operational efficiency and enhance customer service. We focus on public, private and academic library markets. Our reach extends across the globe, with direct operational offices in North America, Europe and Australia, together with a range of distributors covering Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to work with almost 4,000 unique library sites with a deployed equipment range in excess of 5,000 individual self-service units and over 100 automated materials handling (sorter) systems. In satisfying this range of customers, bibliotheca has deployed well over 200 million RFID labels to the library sector alone, and continues to supply in excess of 50 million each year
Closing date for this vacancy is 10th March.