(Suite 117) Peel House,
30 The Downs,
Tel: 0161 667 1613
VAT Number: 241 4554 26
iVendi is seeking a VP of Engineering to help deliver our exciting growth plans. With an existing team of 50+ product/tech professionals, we have investment to deliver significant accelerated product development and expansion into new territories. It is an exciting period of growth for iVendi, and a great opportunity for the right person to help us on this journey.
Our software is accessed by more than 8,000 retailers across the UK alone, with well established relationships in Germany also. Our products facilitate over £3 Billion in omni-channel vehicle sales annually and engages with over 5 million consumers every month.
As VP of Engineering, you will help shape and grow the engineering community. You should have some background in software engineering, and leading software engineering teams, and bring experience and opinions on what drives happy and productive product engineering teams.
With responsibility for software and quality engineering across the current four product teams you will provide management and leadership across the engineering community.
The Product/Tech/Delivery teams are “remote first” meaning that they work remotely, and physically meet-up when they want – usually in rented space in central Manchester. Teams on average meet up about once per fortnight. Our headquarters are in Colwyn Bay where the rest of the business operates (Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Finance, Client Delivery). In this leadership role you should expect to be going to Manchester or Colwyn Bay once or twice per week on average.
Culture is important at iVendi, and especially in a “remote first” environment, it is important to bring the team together to form an identity. There are three structured ways that we promote this as a company:
● Summer Conferences
Once a year in the summer the whole team (100+) goes somewhere in the UK to stay at a top quality hotel and we combine a business related agenda with some high quality socialising too.
● Winter Conferences
Covid restrictions permitting, the whole company is flown to a European destination for a couple of days of conference and getting to know each other.
● Tech Conferences
Bringing together the Product/Tech/Delivery teams (50+) in a conference format where as a community we can share what we’ve been working on and ideas for the future. In November we had our inaugural one and hope to do these 2 or 3 times per year.
Additional details about the VP of Engineering role:
● Reporting to the SVP of Technical Operations
● Working closely with: VP of Product, VP of R&D, Head of Architecture, Head of Data
● Other key stakeholders include: VP of Sales, Head of Marketing, SVP International Business, exec team (CEO, COO, CCO)
● Direct line management of Principal Engineers
● Indirect line management of all engineers (software & quality)
● Drive a culture of high performing, happy teams
● Define product development strategies to meet the company’s overall objectives and strategy
● Drive consistency in tools, tech & methodologies, working with the team to define what “good” looks like for Engineering at iVendi.
● Balance strategic and tactical approaches to exploit commercial opportunities while building strong technical foundations for growth.
● Establish the best organizational patterns and practices
● Help define and maintain the product tech roadmap
● Ensure the engineering community are receiving the right training to support their professional growth.
● Monitor reliability and performance of internal systems & processes, identifying and championing improvements.
A bit more detail:
● Work with our Client Delivery Centre to ensure great support for our customers. This will include strengthening our engineering support function including Out Of Hours support.
● Drive a culture of great line management, resulting in a highly engaged, high performing team, through quality conversations ongoing professional development of the engineering community
● Also look after the basics (holidays, attendance/performance issues etc.)
● Measure and seek improvements to productivity
● Measure and seek improvements to team happiness
● Understand that teams themselves can come up with solutions for how to make them happier, and more productive.
● Celebrate contributions and achievements of the team
● Respect the importance of engineering processes and practices, but without being pedantic or dogmatic
● Report on engineering activities to the Senior Leadership Team
● Actively contribute to the product tech roadmap across all teams.
● Build relationships with iVendi recruitment partners to make sure we are attracting the best available talent
● Build strong collaborative relationships with other parts of iVendi such as Sales and Marketing to ensure that our product engineering outcomes are well aligned with theirs.
● Help define company level OKRs and support teams defining their OKRs
● Occasionally attend some industry events
● Work with our Governance Risk & Compliance team to demonstrate adherence to standards and support ongoing certification efforts (e.g. ISO, Cyber Essentials, etc.)
● You will go through our AAA Programme (iVendi’s bespoke leadership program)
As part of the iVendi Leadership Team, the successful candidate must be able to collaborate across the business to help define and drive forward the company’s strategic objectives.
Working with some external stakeholders will be required, and an ability to remain professional and calm under pressure will be important to the candidate’s success.
You should possess outstanding leadership skills, able to inspire a cross-functional group in a unified direction and with a common vision.
Being customer focused and results-oriented, and comfortable working in a highly collaborative, constantly evolving environment will be important.
You should be approachable and relatable with sufficient technical credibility to have quality conversations with your reports and peers.
• A software or quality engineering background
• Experience leading and managing technical teams
• Experience recruiting engineering resources
• Opinions and ideas about improving team happiness
• Opinions and ideas about improving team productivity
• An interest in ways of working (organizational design, patterns and practices)
Good to have
• Experience in a regulated environment (finance related would be best)
• Experience in agile product environments
• Involvement in the wider engineering community (e.g. meetups, forums,)
• Knowledge of automotive and/or automotive finance
• Experience with OKR methodology
Managing and developing a successful small Insurance Broker in Norwich. Building and maintaining business relationships with clients. Researching Insurance products...Apply For This Job
Are you commercially driven with an entrepreneurial approach to business and proactive in your work habits? We are looking for...Apply For This Job
As an expanding Platinum Salesforce Partner we are looking to recruit a talented, motivated and charismatic Project Manager to join...Apply For This Job
iVendi’s story so far… iVendi develops online and showroom solutions that make vehicle selling easier for car dealers, vehicle buying...Apply For This Job
Part Time or Full Time Finance Director Are you a Financial Director looking for a challenge? We have aggressive growth...Apply For This Job