(Suite 117) Peel House,
30 The Downs,
Tel: 0161 667 1613
VAT Number: 241 4554 26
We are looking for an Office Manager to join our team within a prestigious elderly care nursing home. The home delivers CQC rated OUTSTANDING (top 4%) care and the Office Manager plays a very important role. They work closely with the Matron Manager and the Directors to ensure the smooth running of the home. The successful candidate will be positive, enthusiastic and well organized. They will have strong people skills and will want to be part of a team that strives to deliver the best care possible. They will be highly credible and able to confidently ‘sell’ the home to potential residents and visitors. This role could suit someone used to managing a busy hotel.
· Front of house duties e.g. Greet visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, and guide them to the appropriate staff member. Operate phone / fax / e-mail / office equipment, as appropriate. Receive and distribute mail.
· Manage administrative running of the home e.g. provisions ordering, booking routine maintenance for equipment, managing supplier contracts.
· Draft and implement duty roster (including covering shifts as necessary).
· Monitor and record staff hours, absence and holiday.
· Proactively manage occupancy e.g. follow leads, conduct viewings, fill beds.
· Manage admission and discharge process for residents.
· Administer recruitment and induction of additional staff as required e.g. place adverts, arrange interviews, manage DBS account.
· Initiate monitor and update staff records.
· Initiate, monitor and update non-clinical resident records.
· Manage non-clinical team members.
· Manage petty cash account and work with Finance Manager to monitor account.
· Log and monitor incoming invoices and accounts and liaise with Finance Manager regarding payment.
· Conduct audits e.g. Health & Safety related and initiate solutions as required.
· Carry out staff management duties e.g. appraisals.
· Work closely with other management and Directors to ensure smooth running of the home.
· Undertake other duties, as necessary.
· Caring nature
· ‘Good’ attitude – open to continuous improvement
· Organised and able to multi-task
· Sales (ability to effectively communicate and connect with people to fill rooms)
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Good knowledge of IT
· Calm temperament
· Positive and enthusiastic nature
· Team focussed
· Mindset of wanting to go the extra mile to do a great job
· Minimum of 15 years relevant experience. The successful candidate will need to be credible in the eyes of visitors, staff, the regulator and others. Someone who has taken a prolonged career break but is now keen for a new challenge will be considered.
· Tadworth, Surrey
TYPE OF ROLE
· Full time and permanent, office based, Monday to Friday
· Driving licence and own transport required – Must live within 40 minutes’ drive of Tadworth
MUST BE – OR PREPARED TO BE COVID VACCINATED
VACANCY: DIGITAL MARKETING EXEC SALARY: £30-£35K LOCATION: KENILWORTH, WARWICKSHIRE Operating since 2003, Net Visibility is a successful digital...Apply For This Job
Job purpose We are looking for a secretary with experience of working in an office environment. You will provide secretarial...Apply For This Job
About Focus Awards We’re an Awarding Organisation (AO), regulated by Ofqual, the UK Government’s qualification watchdog. We offer around 200...Apply For This Job
My client is an expanding renewable energy company, passionate about securing affordable energy bills for domestic homeowners in a clean...Apply For This Job
Based in Burgess Hill, POLAR UK is a distributor of Audio and Video products into both the professional and consumer...Apply For This Job