The role of Learner Mentor is to support, inspire, motivate and encourage the unemployed and those with barriers to employment to progress into a number of positive outcomes which include employment, Apprenticeships or educational courses. Working as part of a team to ensure targets are met or exceeded and ensuring that ESF contractual requirements are followed and adhered to at all times.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As post-holder, you will be responsible to the General Manager for the following:
• Work with customers to provide proactive and motivational IAG sessions on a 1:1 basis including initial diagnostic and BKSB testing where applicable;
• Identify and address individual barriers in relation to health, lifestyle, confidence, motivation and resilience;
• Co-design individual learner journeys and plans with learners incorporating appropriate steps (volunteering; training; work experience) to achieve one of the progression outcomes (education and training, employment or Apprenticeship;
• Refer customers to appropriate provision as part of their agreed journey;
• Carry out regular IAG interventions with customers, set targets and complete and review action plans, ensuring paperwork meets ESF requirements;
• Work with the team to deliver informal group activities including health and wellbeing; presentation skills and preparation for interview;
• Work with the team to deliver regular Careers & Work Club sessions where you will support customers with all aspects of Learner Mentoring, including digital job search; develop CV’s; job applications; letter writing and interview preparation;
• Fully complete and submit all required paperwork, data, evidence requirements timely, ensuring ESF criteria is met;
• Attend weekly outreach centres as required;
• Deliver job search support and 1:1 interventions;
• Track customer’s progress and report outcomes promptly;
• Compile case studies and collect feedback forms from each customer/employer/tutor;
• Provide continuous support for 1 month to both customers and employers/tutors to encourage sustainable outcomes and document contact;
• Develop strong long term relationships with all stakeholders to maximise future business opportunities;
• Positively promote equality and diversity and operate in a confidential and professional manner.
GENERIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the duties and responsibilities above, you will also be required to:
• Deliver a proactive and professional approach to all engagement activity;
• Ensure RTAS contract administrative procedures are carried out;
• Provide reports, data and other information, as required;
• Attend events and activities, as and when required;
• Make accurate and timely claim submissions;
• Participate in both internal and external staff development, as appropriate;
• Meet the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and RTAS’s Health and Safety Procedure;
• Comply with Information Security requirements in line with RTAS policy;
• Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, commensurate with the grade of the post.
The targets will be set and agreed annually in accordance to the outcome requirement for each contract. Employee will keep a record of target achievement for discussion at monthly 1:1’s and appraisals.
• SSU Target outcomes achieved;
• Customer feedback;
• Employer feedback;
• Case studies;
• Progression outcomes.
All staff, members of the public, RTAS students and various external agencies.