(Suite 117) Peel House,
30 The Downs,
Tel: 0161 667 1613
VAT Number: 241 4554 26
This is an opportunity to join our reputable team of friendly IT Technician’s, providing support to a single large school in Coventry for the majority of the week, followed by support for other schools in the remaining days. If you have experience in IT support and a passion for providing excellent friendly support, then this role may be for you.
This full time role comes with a relatively high degree of autonomy, with the right candidate able to manage their own workload and liaise with our clients daily to help fix, assist and solve computer related issues. You will be ably supported by the senior technicians in the group and be required to escalate issues when needed, whilst maintaining an approachable, easy-going demeanor and a positive, hard-working attitude.
Your own car and driving licence are essential.
Responsibilities and duties:
– Provide a friendly service to all customers and clients.
– Be the first point of contact for IT technical support to your assigned clients.
– Work independently to provide technician support to your assigned clients, by visiting the client sites.
– Resolve, advise and assist the client with any IT issues that arise.
– Carry out the requests and duties as directed by your line manager, when needed.
– Work alongside existing technicians and further develop your understanding of the role.
– Occasionally visit client sites to perform call out jobs or deliver/setup equipment.
– Perform regular maintenance and checks at client sites either in person or remotely.
– Help to process the company’s continuing workload via the company’s helpdesk, email, phone or in person.
– Remotely resolve issues using the company’s remote access software to assist customers.
– Provide occasional 1st line telephone support for all of the group’s clients
An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken before starting this role. For more information on DBS checks, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service/about.
– Employer matched pension contributions via NEST.
– 25 Days holiday + Public Holidays
– Work laptop, workbag and mobile phone will be provided
– 6-12 months in a support IT environment
– Industry recognised or relevant qualification
– Positive and effective working relationships with clients
– Working in schools or education
– Technical Problem solving and fault finding
– General network troubleshooting
– Have an excellent demeanour. Display good understanding and patience.
– Enthusiasm for providing good service in IT
– Have a good attendance record
– Have good written and communication skills
Optional: Covering note or application letter.
This vacancy is for a full time post. We may also consider pro-rata applications (term time only)
1 week holiday may be taken any time (subject to availability) remaining holiday to be taken out of term time.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Reference ID: FieldTech/COV
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 to £25,500 /year
We are a small established software house based in the centre of Sheffield that provide development and support for a...Apply For This Job
ABOUT US Now trading in our 28th year, with offices in Warrington, Telford and Hemel Hempstead, Triangle Software, over the...Apply For This Job
As an expanding Platinum Salesforce Partner we are looking to recruit a talented, motivated and charismatic Project Manager to join...Apply For This Job
EPX Technical Services are an award-winning MSP based in both Staffordshire and the North-West, delivering IT Service Desk Support &...Apply For This Job
Are you an Architect with experience in data science, modelling tools and methods, data warehousing, database management systems, as well as BI & data...Apply For This Job